Director, Human Resources
Our client is an Alberta-based energy company.
Reporting to the Vice President Human Resources, the Director, Human Resources is responsible for helping leadership align organizational and people capabilities with the business strategy and needs; optimizing the employee experience; and driving an organizational climate that attracts and retains top talent and expertise. The Director, Human Resources will develop and foster a human resources team that is respected and recognized for exceptional leadership, effectiveness, and integrity. The Director, Human Resources has strong business acumen, is innovative and strategically minded while supporting the execution of daily operational tactics.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leads the Human Resources Business Partners in their work practices as related to organization design, workforce planning, succession planning, performance management, talent acquisition and retention.
- Leads the Total Compensation team in their work practices as related to compensation planning, payroll and benefits administration, and HRIS.
- Recommends, implements and administers human resource policies consistent with corporate objectives, regulatory requirements, and industry practices.
- Builds and nurtures solid relationships with leaders by demonstrating an understanding of business strategies and challenges, and being able to identify where human resources strategies can be leveraged.
- Ensures thoroughness and accuracy relative to responsible functions and systems.
- Recommends, implements and administers changes to the integrated talent management system – HRIS; and leverages HR analytics to proactively inform senior leadership of trends and opportunities that impact the company’s ability to successfully execute its mandate.
- Develops recruitment and outreach strategies to ensure the company has the talent and expertise to deliver its mandate.
- Acts as a point of escalation for performance and Respectful Workplace policy issues in a legally compliant and professional manner.
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness, credibility and responsible behaviour.
- Budgetary accountability.
- An undergraduate degree in a related discipline and 15 or more years generalist experience in the management or direction of human resources or related area of discipline.
- CPHR professional designation preferred.
- Experience in the energy sector required.
- Experience leading a multi-functional HR team.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively while executing HR programs with precision and quality outcomes.
- Passionate about creating a culture of excellence – elevating everyday work experiences for employees.
- Embraces technology to optimize initiatives, deliverables and results.
- Clear communicator with professional presence and the ability to lead through influence.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, develop and mentor staff.
- Highly collaborative seeking input from stakeholders to develop and implement plans and ideas.
- Ability to inspire confidence in senior leadership and management teams through timely delivery of information, demonstrating a partnership mentality, and using data to drive strategies.