Our client is a leading Midstream Energy company.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Engineering, the Supervisor, Engineering will be responsible for leading and overseeing the gas plant Engineering team. This individual will be managing all Engineering aspects of the plant, as well as providing operational/technical support to staff ensuring operational costs, production, quality and EH&S objectives are met while maintaining regulatory compliance.
Key areas of responsibility and activity will include:
- Provide overview and leadership in HSSE Assurance on capital projects;
- Highly involved and provide technical and operational guidance in the ISO 14001 Management System;
- Oversee training and career development opportunities of site engineers;
- Familiar with plant operations in order to provide guidance and consultation on process optimization and process troubleshooting;
- Provide mechanical integrity and process safety assurance for the asset and facilitate delivery of safety, integrity and environmental performance of asset;
- Responsible for the development and oversight of the capital budget and forecasts, as applicable to Operations Engineering;
- Work with internal stakeholders and joint venture departments (in conjunction with plant staff) to develop projects that are aligned with business objectives;
- Act as the asset technical authority in ensuring the design of projects and modifications is fit for purpose, operable, maintainable and consistent with the existing facilities;
- Ensure continued focus on safe and reliable operation of the assets in own area of responsibility;
- Ensure regulatory compliance is continuously maintained;
- Provide efficient management and execution of day-to-day support engineering;
- Actively seek opportunities for facility and pipeline optimization; and
- Contribute technical skills to incident investigation and emergency response planning / exercises as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and personal attributes:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Mechanical or Chemical);
- Must have a minimum of ten plus years of engineering experience;
- Previous supervisory experience required, preferably with experience building cohesive teams and mentoring and developing a team of Professional Engineers;
- Previous field and plant experience and demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and engagement with the Plant Operations team;
- Strong working knowledge of plant design, shutdown and turnaround planning;
- Strong project management experience with exposure to brownfield projects;
- Product treating, natural gas processing, and/or pipeline/terminal experience would be an asset;
- General knowledge of standard practices, industry and regulatory standards is required;
- Effectively and easily communicates with individuals at various organizational levels;
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills and of leading teams
- Makes effective decisions as necessary and takes a leadership role in solving problems;
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively in a field setting with changing environments and priorities;
- High self-motivation with the ability to learn quickly and the ability to work with minimum direction;
- Strong analytical skills and technical acumen; and
- Ability to demonstrate strong HSE awareness.