Director, Commercial (Pipelines)
Our client is a leading Energy company.
Our client is seeking a senior-level Energy professional to assume the role of Director, Commercial (Pipelines). This position is responsible for the overall commercial performance of pipeline assets including the successful negotiation of spot and long-term transportation agreements with new and ongoing pipeline transportation customers. The Director will also oversee those groups who schedule pipelines servicing shippers, and manage the company’s tariff, rules and regulations. In addition, the Director will play a key role in driving strategic growth through identifying and prioritizing pipeline connections, deactivations and optimization projects. Interaction with many internal departments, with a particular emphasis on supply, business development, engineering and operations, is required. The scope of activity of this role provides the opportunity to interact with the executive team, engage on a regular basis with external customers and present strategic opportunities to leadership.
Key areas of responsibility and activity will include:
- Commercial performance of the company’s pipeline assets
- Reporting and making recommendations to improve financial performance of the company’s pipeline assets
- Lead and direct pipeline scheduling, rules & regulation and commercial pipelines teams
- Leverage existing relationships and actively pursue new customers for NGL and Crude Oil commercial pipelines business;
- Lead, develop and provide guidance to reporting managers;
- Identify prospects, help lead negotiations and prepare agreements with potential customers and counterparties;
- Identify, develop, analyze, and execute commercial focused projects within the company’s existing footprint;
- Evaluate project economics, prepare management presentations and present investment opportunities for updates and approvals;
- Coordinate information with multi-discipline, cross-functional teams comprised of internal departments to produce scopes of work, identify project risks and produce cost estimates;
- Gather market intelligence on producer plans, competitive projects other fundamentals affecting the company; and
- Develop and present forecasts, budgets, guidance metrics for senior management
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and personal attributes:
- University degree in relevant discipline such as Business, Engineering, Economics.
- Ten plus years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry; Midstream experience strongly preferred.
- Possess significant experience and business contacts and relationships in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Advanced knowledge of pipeline and terminal operations, ideally including knowledge of Plains’ pipeline and/or NGL business.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Must be able to manage all aspects of internal and external business arrangements (technical, financial, contractual, legal, operational and marketing).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop, motivate and lead teams.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and cooperatively lead a team to generate timely, accurate and efficient results.
- Strong organizational skills in order to multi-task effectively on a wide variety of projects in a deadline oriented environment.
- Must be a skilled problem solver with the ability to find resolutions and make recommendations with proper supporting information.