Manager – Corporate Credit
Our client is a well-established energy services company providing a variety of products and services to North American and international customers.
Reporting into the Vice-President – Corporate Accounting, the Manager – Corporate Credit will be responsible for the oversight of the Credit and Accounts Receivable processes across the organization. This newly created position will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting and Finance team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Review and build Credit and Accounts Receivable (A/R) practices to ensure that company policies and procedures are sound and effective.
- Provide recommendations and suggest improvements to Credit and A/R practices, with particular emphasis on addressing systemic procedural issues and/or problem accounts.
- Proactively involved with the decision making process related to the extension of credit for clients with a more complex financial/business profile.
- Determine the size and type of credit accounts that will be established for new customers by reviewing and researching credit payment history and obtain additional information when necessary.
- Advise and collaborate with both internal and external groups regarding the resolution of Credit and A/R issues.
- Minimize the DSO metric by assessing creditworthiness of prospective customers and recommend/negotiate credit terms and limits appropriate to the customer’s requirements and abilities and company policies.
- Review customer balances for marginal/high risk exposure.
- Perform regular credit monitoring on all high profile accounts.
- Establish and maintain the customer database.
- Monitor aging of all receivables and provide A/R reporting and analysis.
- Provide oversight on collection activity of Credit Analysts in each of the Business Units.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the Credit & Collections team by hiring and retaining strong team members, and by providing constructive supervision, training and guidance.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with Client Solutions and Operations.
- Interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support the credit line.
- Establish bad debt reserves and minimize debt write offs.
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or similar with a CCRA/CBA/CCP designation or equivalent.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in credit within an Energy services company.
- Interaction and experience in dealing with multinational, regional, and independent Oil & Gas companies, with a strong emphasis on clients operating in the U.S.
- Knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis, industry/market credit research, liens and bonds.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Experience with bank guarantees and letters of credit would be an asset.
- Superior communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Sound team building abilities complemented by proven supervisory/management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to analyze data, identify and report trends and take appropriate action.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Microsoft AX Dynamics would be an advantage.