Director – Transmission & Distribution Power Services
Our client is is an international professional services company in the design and consulting industry.
The Director – Transmission & Distribution Power Services sustains and grows the net revenue of a specific sector within the business center. Reporting to the Vice President, Power the Director focuses on local and regional clients and supports the business leader in the execution, as well as supporting account managers with key accounts.
Business Development - Sustain and grow net revenue; focus on global/national/regional clients and key accounts; drive growth through large Capex projects, programs and opportunities; leverage global client relationships; partner with appropriate leaders in the organization to create and sell; build, grow and develop team of high performers; responsible for overall business development plans.
Strategic Thinking - Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base; assist in the growth of Power by identifying and supporting the development of new service areas aimed at broadening and strengthening the Power package of services; anticipate medium and long-term client needs and industry dynamics; develop and maintain a broad range of client relationships within the sector; understand how to align business to execute global strategy of the organization across the Transmission and Distribution sector; innovate and enhance the T&D capabilities, geographic footprint and integrated approach; adapt strategies and identify services to satisfy changing market conditions.
Leadership - Direct and co-ordinate the marketing and business development activities; work closely with account managers, regional leaders, technical service leadership, and business center leader to deliver safe, profitable, and sustainable projects and services for our clients; lead (where applicable) and collaborate with account managers in growing global and national accounts within T&D.
- Business Development
- Leadership – people and business
- Planning and Organizing
- Ethics and Integrity
- Strategic Thinking
- Commitment to HSE
- Ability to Motivate and influence
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Senior management experience with a larger scale organization combined with a university degree in an engineering, management or other related discipline.
- 15 plus years of experience in the Transmission industry; exposure to the Oil & Gas, Mining or Industrial/Resource Development sector(s) would be an asset.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary consulting environment.
- Strong communication and business development skills along with a strong results orientation.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge to create and introduce innovative and effective client solutions and integrated deliverables that are aligned with both Sector and Global business objectives and the vision and mission of the broader organization.
- Proven experience in building rapport and trusted relationships with key clients, business leaders, and team members.
- Works effectively in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment, and is able to direct and work collaboratively with a diverse group of highly motivated and capable individuals.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Can negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with both internal and external groups.
- Ability to travel.