Manager of Development and Communications
Alberta Guide Dog Services (a division of British Columbia Guide Dog Services) is a registered charity that provides professionally trained Guide Dogs and Autism Support Dogs to residents of Alberta.
This full-time position combines the specialties of fundraising, communications, marketing and public relations and managing the Calgary office. Reporting to the CEO in BC, the primary responsibilities of the Manager of Development & Communications consist of:
- Develop and execute overall fundraising and communication plan strategies within the Alberta market.
- Maintain and cultivate existing donor base through research and tailored giving strategies, including foundations, corporations and individuals.
- Develop new fundraising initiatives and revenue sources to complement existing revenue streams.
- Develop and implement Major Giving and Planned Giving fundraising strategies.
- Deliver appropriate and timely donor recognition and stewardship.
- Create media opportunities for the organization in order to increase the public’s brand awareness.
- Provide support to gift processing and database management.
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Marketing, Communication, Business, Fundraising or related field and minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fund development.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- Strong public speaker.
- Strong customer service skills with demonstrated ability to build effective and positive relationships.
- Excellent discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Able to work independently with a variable workflow while maintaining appropriate priorities and executing timely deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills: must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs.
- Must have previous experience with donor database management.
- FileMaker Pro experience would be an asset.