Global Tax Manager
Our client is a well-established and very successful energy services company providing a variety of products and services to North American and international customers.
Based in Calgary and reporting directly to the Vice President, Finance, the Global Manager of Tax is a newly-created, part-time position responsible for the overall management of the Tax function across multiple jurisdictions.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Formulate and oversee implementation of tax-related policies and procedures that result in accurate tax reporting and ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Research and advise on proposed transactions and tax consequences
- Oversee and mentor the tax team
- Plan for and ensure the timely filing of all required tax returns and payments
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of tax-related federal and provincial/state legislative actions and advise management accordingly
- Ensure compliance with federal, provincial, state, and other tax filings
- Oversee international tax planning and manage external parties and tax experts
- Manage the completion of all transfer pricing documentation concerning cross-border transactions both into and out of Canada
- Review and analyze current and future transfer pricing strategies to help mitigate risk
- Oversee and ensure compliance with state and local excise tax laws and regulations and timely completion and filing of excise tax returns
- Create and manage processes to capture and qualify eligible R&D activities for SR&ED tax credit program
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business or other related field preferred;
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, etc.) required;
- Minimum of ten years of experience in the field of Canadian corporate taxation;
- Successful completion of CICA in-depth Tax Course (Levels I,II, III);
- Completion of the CICA International Tax Course would be an asset;
- Strong technical capability and managerial experience in the area of taxation;
- Experience working with joint ventures, partnerships, U.S. tax knowledge, although not specifically required, would be an asset.