Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a significant player in the Energy Services industry. This growing, privately-owned enterprise is seeking a forward-thinking business and finance executive to join their organization and play a key role in the company’s growth strategy in the high-impact role of Chief Financial Officer. This exciting and unique opportunity will appeal to an entrepreneurial individual who has a strong desire to be part of the strategic business discussion and contribute to the go-forward business objectives of a successful, dynamic organization.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the President & CEO and will play an important strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Financial & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Provide executive management with advice and counsel on the financial implications of business activities at both a strategic and operational level to enhance financial performance and business opportunities.Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Leadership Team in order to be aware of their needs and be proactive in seeking a full range of business solutions.
- Provide leadership in the development of continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives through a robust, on-going analysis of the business.
- Maintain credibility of the Finance group by ensuring the appropriate processes are in place for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company along with ensuring the provision of timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and in compliance with applicable Canadian, American and International regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- A Chartered Accountant designation preferred along with a career profile characterized by 20+ years of progressively responsible financial leadership roles with a minimum of five years of related experience at a senior executive level
- Experience in the Energy sector is required; exposure to the Energy Services industry in a global enterprise would be an asset
- A decisive and inclusive management style with a keen desire to have a pulse on the operations of the business
- Highly regarded within the financial and business community; reputation of high integrity and ethical business conduct
- The flexibility, energy, drive and enthusiasm to meet the demands of a challenging, diverse and growing entity
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams in achieving or surpassing challenging goals
- Superior leadership, mentoring and motivational abilities
- Strong service delivery and team orientation and commitment to continuous process improvement