Vice President – Real Estate Development & Management
Our client is a privately held commercial real estate company focused on the acquisition, development and management of high quality industrial, office and retail properties.
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President is accountable for the management of the real estate portfolio of the company. The Vice President will play a key leadership role as part of a cross-entity management team. This role will be responsible for collaborating with the Executive Board in developing and implementing the company’s mission and strategic direction. This individual will ensure corporate objectives are met through the effective management of human, financial and material resources. The Vice President will actively and regularly communicate with the Executive Board on matters that impact the financial, people and strategic issues associated with the management and growth of the company.
- Provide overall direction of the day-to-day management and have full knowledge and oversight responsibility for the operational and financial management of the properties.
- Responsible for the oversight of the management of office, industrial, camp and retail properties within the scope of the company’s geographic reach.
- Provide guidance to the site managers on the operations of each site, including the development and execution of the marketing strategies for each geographic region.
- Ensure tenant relations are consistent with established Company standards and expectations.
- Oversee the development of the annual budget and key performance objectives for approval by the Executive Board.
- Actively participate in the acquisition due diligence process, including involvement in the underwriting process.
- Establishes and maintains internal controls to ensure compliance with accounting legislation, policies and procedures.
- Directs trains and coaches the performance of the team members in accordance with established processes and policies.
- Communicates effectively with management, team members, clients and customers in the planning, coordination and execution of services and initiatives including serving as a liaison between departments and entities as required. .
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a relevant field (Business/Commerce, Marketing, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in property, construction and project management as related to managing a significant portfolio of primarily industrial properties, with some exposure to commercial properties as well.
- Ability to prepare, review and assess business strategy and assumptions with a proven knowledge in business and financial management.
- Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to understand technical evaluations as they apply to the investment or operation of properties.
- Basic understanding of building maintenance and mechanical functions.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance implications including knowledge of tenant and landlord law.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing teams and major projects or initiatives.
- Established commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Strong leadership skills that include planning, organization, team building, influencing, problem solving, judgment skills and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strategic thinking abilities with the ability to challenge established thinking.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with all levels within and outside of the organization.