Vice President, Manufacturing
Our client is a major energy infrastructure company.
Our client is currently seeking a Vice President, Manufacturing to provide executive level, strategic and operational leadership to the Manufacturing division of the organization. This is a superb opportunity for an experienced manufacturing and business professional to play a key role in a dynamic, growing company. This position will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer and will be a key member of executive team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Accountable for ensuring products meet or exceed customer quality standards and commitments.
- Plan, develop and implement strategies for operational management and development to meet organizational performance plans for operations, manufacturing, distribution, and administration within agreed upon budgets and timescales.
- Provide leadership in continuous improvement activities and successfully enable scalability to achieve corporate goals of meeting quality, cost, delivery timing, and safety objectives.
- Ensure accurate monitoring and measurement of activity and safety standards according to company policies and procedures for the necessary aspects of operational management and development.
- Ongoing engagement on and review of operational management reports on operational issues, opportunities, development plans and achievements within agreed upon formats and timelines.
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff and control department expenditures within agreed upon budgets.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary operational development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to managers and staff within the organization.
- Maintain on-going client contact and liaise with the sales team to maintain and exceed customer expectations.
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance in co-operation with other members of the executive team.
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and personal attributes:
- Post-secondary education, preferably a University degree in Business/Management or Engineering.
- Significant senior management experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated strength in the leadership of people and in effective business processes—all leading to measurable achievements and results.
- Strong business acumen with a good understanding of what drives business, economics of projects and commercial feasibility.
- A decisive and inclusive management style with a keen desire to have a pulse on the operations of the business.
- Ability to make decisions, strong leadership, mentoring and motivational abilities.
- Strong entrepreneurial, service delivery and team orientation and commitment to continuous process improvement and operational excellence.