Global Technical Software Director
Our client is international energy services company.
Reporting to the Vice President of Technology, this newly-created position will be responsible for leading and managing the Corporate Technical Software team. The organization has begun to consolidate and standardize their technical software and database systems for their business.
To assist in the development, testing and implementation of all technical software and database as required. In addition, the team will have responsibility for the development and implementation of standardized training for technical software as well as ongoing international operational support, maintenance and updates.
Provide support in the integration of technical software and database with other process software within the organization as required for shifting to a common, optimized technical software and database platform.
Provide support to local and international marketing efforts as identified or required.
- Assess current technical software programs versus current technical software needs in the company’s Business Units.
- Manage the Technical Software and Database development, testing and implementation project from both a technical and financial point of view.
- Develop and implement standardized technical software and database manuals and seminars.
- Plan, organize, manage and coordinate with respective Technical Directors, Technical Software Managers, and Vice President of Operations for training of our client’s personnel in the use of the technical software and database.
- Ensure continuous international operational support, maintenance and updates of the technical software and database.<
- Develop a network of technical software focal points in all Business Units.
- Determine other technical software needs and develop proposal for development and implementation.
- Continuously provide feedback and updates to the Vice President of Technology regarding the company’s technical services.
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or other related post-secondary education
- Energy Services experience required; exposure to and understanding of the drilling fluids side of the industry would be a definite asset
- Twelve to 15 years of experience in IT, with a strong background in Project Management
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Experience working collaboratively with third party service providers
- Well-versed in MS SQL 2012, MS. NET Framework, MS SharePoint 2013
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team would be an asset
- Strong preference for bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills