Vice President, Information Systems
Our client is a well-established and very successful energy services company providing a variety of products and services to North American and international customers.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the newly-created position of Vice President, Information Systems will be accountable for the overall development, implementation and management of an integrated IS strategy and vision to support the organization’s global operations and position the organization for future growth. Our client is seeking a seasoned business and technology leader to oversee the IS function at a strategic and operational level with responsibility for data management, technical services, systems development, architecture, application development and support, project management and hardware acquisition and integration. This is a transformational and challenging role that will appeal to an IT executive who is committed to the on-going evolution of an integrated, service-oriented and collaborative profile for the IS group within a growing organization.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Play an active role in the business and operations of the organization as a member of the senior management team.
- Participate in overall business planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as it relates to organization’s competitive position.
- Manage the strategic direction of the corporate IS function, including determining the long-term, organization-wide information needs and development of a five-year IS strategy and plan in alignment with business objectives.
- Liaise closely with strategic partners in the execution and implementation of IS strategies and initiatives.
- Identify changes and trends in information technology, evaluate the capabilities and potential benefits of the most current technologies, and interpret their meaning and impact to senior management.
- Act to ensure integrity of organization-wide data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to the global IS team to foster a collaborative working environment and ensure that they are focused on achieving both strategic goals as well as short-term operational results that meet planned expectations.
- Structure and resource the IS group appropriately and develop regional ‘on-the-ground’ expertise.
- Effectively manage the technology expense and capital budgets, evaluate needs, conduct cost and productivity analyses, and determine technology priorities to effectively and efficiently utilize the technology spending to ensure that the return on investment is realized.
- Creation of an integrated, service-oriented and collaborative function and profile for the IS group within the organization.
- Establish and maintain productive, cost-effective relations with external vendors and consultants.
- Evaluate proposals, award contracts and manage the purchase/supply of third party services and systems.
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- A relevant university degree supplemented by a minimum of 20+ years of experience in varied, integrated IT environments with at least 10 years of experience at the leadership level.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing an integrated IS function committed to service delivery excellence within a complex, corporate environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of IT and current trends and standards along with an understanding at a strategic level of what drives business and the economics of projects, application development strategies and methodologies.
- Excellent IT project management and implementation skills and experience.
- Experience in leading enterprise-wide business process re-engineering and associated change management initiatives.
- Demonstrated executive-level decision making abilities and strong results orientation
- Effective delegation, team-building, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, planning and organizational abilities.
- Experience in the Energy Services or Oil & Gas industry would be preferred although not a requirement.