Group Quality Manager
Our client is a major energy infrastructure company.
The Group Quality Manager, reporting to the VP Manufacturing, is responsible for the development, documentation, implementation and effective maintenance of systems and processes required for the assurance of product quality across all manufacturing operations. The Group Quality Manager monitors and ensures compliance to the company Quality System through process and product audits, customer feedback, non-conformance & defect tracking and third party audits. The Group QA manager also plays a key role on the senior leadership team in developing and maintaining a quality culture which is focused on customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and employee engagement.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Leads the Quality Assurance and Quality Control efforts for manufacturing
- Works in conjunction with the VP Manufacturing and the Manufacturing Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Consults with internal and external customers to ensure alignment of intra/inter-department and inter/intra-business Quality goals and objectives to achieve customer satisfaction.
- On an ongoing and consistent basis communicates to all levels of the business concerning the status of Quality key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Brings together staff of different disciplines and drives the group to plan, formulate, and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
- Maintains awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- Ensures systems and processes that deliver compliance with the customer requirements, Quality policy, company standards, regulatory requirements, and external standards are implemented and audited.
- Represents the Company's interests with suppliers, approving agencies, consultants, and customers as required.
- Liaises with the external assessment body on all matters related to the external accreditation process.
- Reviews and ensures Quality aspects of finished product specifications are understood and are achievable under established standards for materials, processes and capability/capacity. Takes appropriate actions where gaps are identified.
- In conjunction with impacted parties, makes final determinations or dispositions related to non-conformances.
- Determines and recommends staffing requirements to meet Quality and product/project delivery expectations; in conjunction with Human Resources coordinates training, development, recruitment and internal succession activities.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of teams engaged in quality functions – including manufacturing inspection, site inspection, document control, analysis and training.
- Evaluates staff and employees to establish and implement Quality training and education necessary to perform required tasks.
- Facilitates preparation and delivery of effective regular performance reviews of direct reports.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and personal attributes:
- Successful completion post-secondary education involving a diploma/ degree/ certificate or equivalent from an accredited university or college in Business, Engineering, or Trades and Technology;
- Successful completion of Quality education leading to an advanced Quality designation (e.g. ASQ-CQE, ISO Auditor, Six Sigma, etc.) preferred;
- Class 5 Drivers license or equivalent; Possess and maintain a safe driving record;
- Minimum 5 years progressive Quality experience in a manufacturing or construction environment;
- Demonstrated leadership experience with multiple direct reports;
- Preference given to candidates possessing experience in wood-frame construction in either the commercial/industrial, factory building, modular or residential housing sectors;
- Practical experience or knowledge of relevant trade areas (Cabinetry, Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing) is an asset;
- Familiar with the use of Provincial Code Books and Industry Quality Control Standards;
- Able to coordinate and maintain an applied program for manufacturing quality assurance in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Well-developed organizational, time-management and decision-making skills;
- Have working knowledge of computers, including relevant business software and internet applications;
- Able to effectively manage fluctuating workloads and set priorities to meet deadlines;
- Works independently and/or functions in a team environment, concentrating on business goals and objectives;
- Able to lead, motivate, coach, and teach others.