Our client is a well-established and very successful energy services company providing a variety of products and services to North American and international customers.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Manager, Operations is accountable for the overall supervision and successful U.S. operations or service line. Specific responsibilities include the planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the operations of the business unit or service line and ensuring the quality of the services provided meet company performance targets and customer and client expectations.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Absolute commitment to the Company’s safety principles and knowledge of OSHA’s laws and regulations. Abide by policies set for the Company’s and/or the client’s quality and safety manuals, wear appropriate personal protective equipment for the job and is alert and aware at all of their safety and the safety of others.
- Participates in corporate decision-making and long-range planning activities.
- Directs and coordinates the overall activities of team.
- Communicates effectively with management, team members, clients and customers in the planning, coordination and execution of services and initiatives.
- Represents the organization or institution as delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions.
- Assists with service improvement efforts by actively participating in the process; being a leader at meetings.
- Collaborates in the financial planning and budget process and analyzes and corrects estimates.
- Consults and educates business partners and clients in preparing specifications, explaining proposals and presenting reports and findings.
- Assigns, coordinates and examines the technical work of the department or project teams.
- Notifies and reports for senior management any trends critical to the Company’s performance including financial performance.
- Collaborates with business partners in the planning and administration of human resource related practices including: on-boarding, reward system, performance management, and training.
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Engineering; professional engineering designation would be an asset
- Minimum of ten years’ of experience in the Oil & Gas industry within North America
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; possesses a high degree of energy, entrepreneurial spirit and personal drive
- Business acumen and proven knowledge in business and financial management
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Established commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of contract management
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management including implementing best practices
- Knowledge of regulatory and other compliance implications
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and motivate teams to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to delegate, manage and lead teams
- The ability to mentor, coach and counsel staff in their professional development