Senior Records Document Management Technical Specialist
Our client is one of the largest conventional oil and natural gas producers in Canada; operating a significant portfolio of opportunities with a dominant position in light oil in Canada.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Records & Information Management, the Senior Records Document Management Technical Specialist will focus on providing technical support for our client’s Document Management System, eDocs.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- High end technical support for Open Text eDocs and scanning (Kofax) environments.
- Back and front end system configuration, problem resolution, performance tuning, patching and upgrades.
- Design, create and maintain custom applications, scripts, utilities and web-based interfaces utilizing eDocs and Kofax Capture API’s.
- Test and resolve issues associated with integration of Open Text eDocs software and other desktop products including Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Foresight to anticipate what the future needs will be from a system configuration perspective.
- Create and maintain technical support documents.
- Liaise with IT/IS to deliver solutions.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise with end users.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and personal attributes:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three to four years of in-depth technical support for document, records management, scanning software and solutions.
- Some experience in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
- Proficiency with Open Text eDocs DM/RM software or equivalent product and image scanning system (Kofax Capture experience preferred).
- Technical support experience with Microsoft server products including Windows, SQL Server and Active Directory.
- Prior experience with Oracle databases (Developer Level) or some similar equivalent.
- Strong preference for experience with system integration and writing API’s.
- Strong understanding and experience with tools and methodologies in both client server and web applications in an n-tier, distributed applications environment.
- Experience with Development tools including VP, ASP, VB.net, ASP.NET, Java Script.
- Experience with other critical applications such as QByte, CS Explorer, Well and Site View would be an asset.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.