Our client is an Alberta-based energy company entering a period of significant growth.
The Project Manager will execute according to the project delivery process, effectively moving projects through the process gates and thereby ensuring the required in-service dates are achieved while managing designated intermediate project milestones.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Acts as the liaison between the Company and external stakeholders by providing clear and constant communication and ensuring overall project coordination among relevant parties;
- Facilitates the process by establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with project stakeholders, including tracking and timely communications of project status and progress;
- Manages and documents changes to project scope, cost, and schedule to ensure that the Company management and external stakeholders are well informed of changing circumstances through the project life;
- Establishes a set of project delivery checkpoints and ensures project deliverables are produced according to Company standards and criteria;
- Maintains complete, accurate and up-to-date information about the project status and progress to facilitate reporting to the Project Support Office (PSO) and senior management as required;
- Manages the Company’s release of financial obligations to the external stakeholders as per the Company’s rules and industry regulation;
- Ensures quality management practices pass through the required internal review processes (quality assurance) to maintain the integrity and quality of the project artifacts, deliverable and outcomes;
- Forecasts, plans, manages and allocates project resources, sets priorities, proactively identifies resource constraints, coordinates interactions with stakeholders, and keeps the project team focused;
- Organizes regular project status meetings and documents issues, risks, action items and decisions made at the meetings and follows up to ensure action is executed;
- Manages project risk by identifying, analyzing, prioritizing and mitigating risks through a risk register and ensures they are communicated regularly to all relevant project stakeholders;
- Identifies and facilitates the resolution of project issues, and where required, escalates issues to a more senior level for resolution;
- Ensures project closure activities are completed;
- Participates in identifying project management and project delivery improvements through the PSO and actively works to implement these improvements;
- Assists in providing mentoring, training and development of staff in project management and the Company's rules and industry regulations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials, skills and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or other related field is preferred but a combination of education and experience will also be considered;
- 8+ years of hands-on project management experience;
- Project management certification (PMP or PRINCE2) or working towards certification would be considered an asset;
- Solid understanding of project delivery methodology is required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, is comfortable working with both business users and technical specialists and a demonstrated ability in negotiation;
- Extensive experience using the Microsoft Office suite to produce project deliverables;
- A practical, adaptable, innovative, collaborative and solution-focused approach to issues;
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in parallel.