Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Our client is an Alberta-based energy company committed to a Human Resources strategy which embraces contemporary ‘best practices’ in the industry.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent and Partners, the Senior Human Resources Business Partner engages with internal client groups on the development and implementation of human resource strategies and provides strategic human resources consulting to improve service, achieve goals, and facilitate organizational strategy.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner influences leaders and employees to champion and promote the company’s principles providing expertise on all aspects of the employment relationship including: talent management, talent acquisition, workforce planning, organizational effectiveness, performance management, and change management.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Act as a key point of contact for employees and leaders in the business unit.
- Participates with business unit leaders in monthly management and annual strategic planning meetings as appropriate.
- Within the assigned client group, participate as a member of the leadership team to ensure the alignment of business, people planning and development of HR strategies to support achievement of business outcomes.
- Proactively support leaders in the quarterly/annual processes of performance planning & review, goals setting, workforce planning, succession planning and learning/development planning.
- Works directly with leaders in improving organizational effectiveness and ensuring strategic goals are clearly articulated, communicated and measured.
- Provide expertise, guidance and coaching to leaders in managing highly sensitive and complex employee relations to facilitate leader competency and self-sufficiency.
- Provides interpretation and consultation to both employees and leaders on HR policies, practices and tools.
- Proactively investigate and recommend resolution to key issues and concerns affecting our business and its people.
- Plan, coordinate/guide and evaluate the execution of HR strategy within the assigned client group.
- Responsible for talent acquisition of their client group while aligning with recruitment strategies that reflect the company’s commitment to acquire and develop an adaptable workforce.
- Partner with Manager, Total Rewards in identifying and managing ongoing competitive market threats, and compensation and benefit issues arising in the business unit.
- Partner with Learning & Development in identifying and developing appropriate learning programs to address individual and organizational needs.
- Work collaboratively with the broader HR team to deliver value-added service to leaders and employees.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior HR staff.
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- An undergraduate degree with a major in Human Resources or a related discipline
- CHRP designation
- Ten or more years human resources generalist experience OR a combination of education and experience deemed equivalent
- Proven experience in conflict resolution, negotiation, decision making and influencing skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to establish trust
- Proven experience in consulting and advising a client group on organizational development/change-management initiatives, talent management, and employee relations
- Enthusiasm and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and drive projects to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, complemented by attention to details, follow-up and organizational skills
- Understanding of applicable provincial and federal legislation
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable
- Build and maintain external HR and business contacts within industry and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS systems