Our client is a financial services organization.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Director, Financing will contribute to the profitability of the company’s financing by minimizing losses and assessing risk arising from special accounts and restructuring situations. This role was established to develop the best strategy to ensure the highest recovery potential and minimize as much as possible the liquidation of accounts and develop the best action plan to follow using sound management practices.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Assess the company’s long-term viability and business strategy and business restructuring strategy including cash flow and projections analysis and on site operational assessment with borrower’s management
- Design, negotiate and participate in the implementation of a financial restructuring plan that may include identifying sources of new capital through additional financing, guarantees, conversion of debt, sales of assets, DIP (debtor-in-possession) financing, equity, etc.
- Recommend account administration within established diagnosis and act as the company’s representative with third parties
- Maintain proactive communications with the Vice Presidents with respect to matters relating to special accounts and restructuring management, as well as with Managing Directors in order to closely monitor the flow of information
- Ensure that all “lessons learned” in Special Accounts files are used to facilitate future training of Account Managers, changes in policy and procedures and better customer service to the benefit of the entire group
- Coach Special Accounts staff in their ability to assess the risk faced by the company with regard to their proposed realization/ liquidation or restructuring plans
- Contribute to increased productivity and efficiency by participating in the development of performance indicators and types of reports required to track the progress of portfolios
- Develop and maintain relationships with various professional networks, financial communities, suppliers and counterparts in other organizations in order to remain abreast of legislative developments, emerging trends and their relevance to the company’s needs
- Directly responsible for administration of more complex Special Accounts which includes restructuring
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration
- A minimum of ten years of relevant experience, including business restructuring and operational exposure
- Experience working within a financial lending institution, accounting firm, or investment/private equity firm
- Knowledge of financial products in equity/quasi-equity
- Ability to quickly identify the business context and key issues in order to identify the best options in a realization plan, formulate this into a strategy and influence the client’s executive team
- Ability to anticipate the long-term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
- Strong financial and operational skills and sound credit judgement
- Good knowledge of business appraisals
- Strong leadership and ability to manage a team as well as effectively identify issues and resolve complaints
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy