Director, IT Security, Architecture & Planning
Our Client is a regional market leader for crude oil refining and marketing.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director, IT Security, Architecture & Planning is responsible for the development, execution and management of the cybersecurity strategy, planning, disaster recovery and business continuity for the organization. This role will provide strong leadership and direction to a team of approximately 25 individuals and three direct reports at the Senior Manager level.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Participate as part of the IT leadership team on the development and execution of the five-year business plan. Facilitate development, ongoing update, and maintenance of the IT five-year plan.
- Develop and manage long-term strategy and annual operating plans for effective IT spend in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for establishing and overseeing critical IT security and architecture functions, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Provide management oversight and coordination of vendor interactions, including the following governance activities: performance management, resource management, financial management, contract management, program management, and risk management.
- Keep abreast of current industry trends, best practices, emerging security risks and technology innovations as related to Information Security, Architecture, Strategic Planning and Technology Roadmapping.
- Ensure department is strategically aligned with other organizational actions and plans by building relationships with other stakeholders throughout the business units, particularly stewarding IT engagement in business development opportunity evaluations.
- Work collaboratively with other departments within IT and business and end user stakeholders.
- Completion of post-secondary degree/certificate in Computer Science or Business; (Master’s degree preferred) or demonstrated equivalent experience and credentials.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in IT leadership roles, ideally in the Energy industry, although not a requirement.
- SME level experience and understanding of enterprise architecture, cyber security and/or strategic planning and roadmapping, governance and financial management, and business development.
- Demonstrated depth in security risk management methodologies and frameworks along with experience with multiple security domains; solid understanding of threat intelligence and related tools.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of IT infrastructure contracts and service levels.
- Very strong leadership and communication skills are imperative.
- Collaborative working style along with the ability to interface and influence at all levels of the organization.