President, Energy Services
Our Client is an Energy Services Company based in Canada with operations across North America.
As the Energy industry emerges from the recent downturn, our client is ideally positioned for strong future growth as it provides critical support services to its clients in the sector. Our client is currently seeking an experienced Energy industry executive to join the organization in the key leadership role of President. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President will provide the overall leadership and direction in the creation, development and evolution of the company's vision, business strategy and resulting business and operational plans.
The President will also be responsible for undertaking the plan to execute on the corporate strategy and related goals. The President will ensure the organization possesses the structure and resources to achieve these goals and will be responsible for financial results through prudent management of the business. In the long term, the incumbent will be expected to enhance shareholder value through acquisitions, expansion of business and organic growth.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for decisions on all corporate matters, including the establishment of policies, significant expenditures, implementation of major programs and operations subject to overall company objectives, policy and financial controls.
- Creation of vision, direction, strategy and organizational structure.
- Day-to-day implementation of the approved business plan, budget and strategy.
- Develop criteria for new opportunities. Lead the identification and pursuit of new opportunities that will provide positive results and enhance shareholder value.
- Ensure the company is fully compliant with health, safety and environmental regulations, and all pertinent legislative and business laws and practices.
- Effectively and appropriately support marketing / business development activities as the senior representative of the company.
- Oversee the annual budgeting process and collaborate with the executive team and operational management to facilitate understanding and accountability.
- Support development of all major policies, strategies and acquisitions by the company and collaborate with the Board of Directors for their input and direction.
- As a member of the executive team, lead the development and implementation of strategic plans which reflect the corporate vision.
- Ensure that the company has the necessary resources to realize financial and strategic plans.
- Strong business acumen with a minimum of 15 years of experience in senior management and executive level positions acquired in growing enterprises in the Energy industry.
- Proven experience in and knowledge of the Energy sector Field Operations and Field Services through previous mandates.
- A strategic thinker and leader with proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated achievement in growing, leading a business and the strategic business planning processes; ability to articulate and contribute to the corporate strategy and direction.
- The flexibility, energy, drive and enthusiasm to meet the demands of a diverse and growing entity.
- Strong desire to strategically build and expand the existing business.
- Solid influencing and negotiating skills.
- Well-developed communication skills along with strong people leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Highly regarded within the business community; reputation of high integrity, ethical business conduct and commitment to quality and safety.