Our client provides a variety of support services to various industries and business sectors throughout Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst will provide administrative and accounting support with respect to budgeting, financial analysis and reporting.
Specific accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Full cycle accounting including preparation of all journal entries into the general ledger
- Prepare, analyze and review monthly financial information
- Manager daily operation of accounting functions
- Ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of accounting functions
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and review of all income statement accounts
- Assist in the early identification of issues that may result in potential budget variances
- Assist the Director and division with budget preparation, cost/benefit financial analysis and preparing reports for management
- Assist with maintaining records and information for Capital Assets
- Assist in the review of monthly performance measurement data (KPI)
- Provide guidance, direction, and support to the Accounting Supervisor to ensure accounting policies are adhered to
- Provide support and assistance to the Director of Finance in the departmental administrative functions
- Guide other departments in regards to accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Participate in management team activities, i.e. training, meeting, management retreats, etc.
- Payroll backup for salary staff
- Assist with special projects as required and performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills and personal attributes:
- Minimum of five years of experience in the Accounting field
- Recently qualified CMA or CGA looking to obtain a broad range of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Must have the ability to conduct detailed and/or non-structured analysis with minimum supervision with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment>
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to develop and recommend effective solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of staff in an efficient, diplomatic and understandable manner
- Solid working knowledge of computerized financial applications