Our client provides a variety of support services to various industries and business sectors in Fort McMurray.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the incumbent will provide financial and business leadership as well as day-to-day management of all Finance Department staff including but are not limited to time entry and payroll, contract administration, billing and accounts receivable, fuel card administration, administrative purchasing and accounts payable, general accounting, financial statement preparation, budgeting, and forecasting, and ensuring the company is in compliance with all legal requirements, best practices, and our contractual obligations. This individual with also provide ongoing support for operations management from a finance and accounting, reporting and operations perspective for the company’s largest subsidiary.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Processes and Procedures: Develop and improve operational and financial processes and procedures to ensure accurate and timely operational and financial information; identify areas in need of improvement and recommend/implement corrective actions; Work closely with business unit management to ensure KPI’s are captured and measured effectively.
- Financial and Corporate Reporting: Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the balance sheet through detailed monthly analysis and formal review; Provide accurate and timely financial reporting of the business unit to corporate head office; Evaluation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Work closely with business unit management in the preparation of capital budgets and quarterly financial forecasts; for any payroll and billing adjustments; review administrative purchasing and accounts payable; coordinate all other financial tracking and monitoring activities.
- Financial Management and Control: Design and implementation of internal controls, processes and procedures to safeguard capital assets and allow for the generation of timely and accurate information; Provide business unit management with analysis and insight into the relationships between KPI’s, revenue, cost drivers and overall financial results of the business unit including performance reports and inventory turns; Play integral role in the identification, analysis and assessment of cost reduction opportunities; Manage the capital expenditures process including the preparation and review of AFE’s and tracking and reporting of expenditures.
- Contracts Management: Track, record, and analyze costs to ensure they are properly classified and allocated to the appropriate contracts and identify reasons for variances between estimated/standard costs and actual costs; Assist in the compilation of financial estimates for new and proposed contracts; Oversee and maintain a positive relationship and interaction with clients and assist in the management of complex service contracts.
The preferred candidate profile would include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or commerce with a minimum of ten years of Finance and Accounting experience in an operational environment.
- Completion of a recognized professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, or CGA).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to make decisions, lead organizational change, and develop talent.
- Significant amount of experience liaising with Operations and working closely with other non-Finance related departments.
- A results-oriented team player with the ability to develop and maintain a collaborative working relationship within all levels of the organization.
- Adept at working in fast-paced, complex, and high volume environment.
- History of developing and driving process improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with an ERP, such as JD Edwards and other complex systems.