AVP, Business Restructuring
Our Client is a Financial Services Company.
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Restructuring, the Assistant Vice President, Business Restructuring for the Western Region, contributes to maintaining the quality of the loan portfolio of the organization by authorizing, recommending or declining amendments in line with established guidelines and reflecting the agreed upon restructuring strategies. The incumbent will also take part in drawing up and updating the corporate directives and procedures of the organization.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve relationships with various professional networks, financial communities, suppliers and counterparts in other organizations in order to promote business restructuring activities, and to remain abreast of legislative developments and emerging trends.
- Coach and guide Business Restructuring management/employees and provide input to performance assessments.
- Contribute to the profitability of the organization by minimizing losses and assessing risk arising from Restructuring accounts through sound management practices. Working with the Vice President and Directors, Business Restructuring, identify the best course of action in order to provide the organization with the highest potential for recovery.
- Participate in drafting and updating corporate directives, procedures and other manuals applicable to Business Restructuring, provide leadership in their delivery and assist employees in their application and interpretation, including current issues related to credit risk.
- See to the growth in productivity and efficiency of the portfolio, by taking part in the determination of performance indicators and types of reports required to monitor progress.
- Examine and identify with the local Business Restructuring team the fundamental causes associated with the underperformance of the organization’s borrower and address critical operational and financial issues with all stakeholders. Develop with the local Business Restructuring team the best restructuring strategies in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Recommend or decline loans and disbursements, and authorize, recommend or decline amendments within established guidelines.
- Participate actively in structuring, negotiating, analyzing and concluding restructuring financing.
- Work collaboratively with members of Credit Risk Management, Business Centres, and Corporate Financing. Supervise local Directors, Business Restructuring in order to identify and monitor potential problem accounts that may benefit from early intervention.
- Act as a specialized resource in more complex, specialized restructuring files.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration
- Fifteen years’ relevant experience in Finance and Commerce (professional or business services firms) or in business financing (financial institution), including five to seven years’ experience in a management position
- Professional designation is an asset: CPA, CA; CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA and/or CIRP
- In-depth knowledge of laws governing restructuring and insolvency
- Ability to quickly identify the business context and key issues
- Good judgment in the area of credit, ability to spot problems and to determine the best choices for a resolution plan
- Ability to work with many internal and external stakeholders and to negotiate with them
- Solid leadership skills and ability to manage a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, so as to report problems and handle complaints efficiently