Vice President, Engineering
Our client is a leading Energy company.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations, the Vice President, Engineering is accountable for implementing and optimizing the North America assets. The VP of Engineering will improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of all processes and activities within his/her portfolio, while continuing to ensure positive outcomes on the following:
- Ensure safety and security of employees, contractors, public, as well as protection of the environment
- Ensure performance to budget, financial and commercial business objectives
- Ensure engineering regulatory compliance, inclusive of codes and standards for all engineering disciplines
- Ensure effective identification of hazards and management of risks
- Ensure effectiveness and continual improvement of Operations Management System (OMS) sub-elements and protection programs for which he/she has been assigned as sponsor
Key Processes and Activities:
- Engineering, fabrication, construction of assets
- Asset Integrity (i.e. risk-based inspections and work management programs)
- Capital Project Management
- Development, establishment and continual improvement of process and practices for key functions
- Integration and coordination with other Operations and Support functions, as applicable.
- OMS Sub-Element Sponsor and Implementation tasks, as applicable
Key Accountabilities and Tasks:
- Strategy Implementation. Translate and cascade the 1 to 5 year business and/or asset management strategy with the goal of enabling effective development of operational plans for applicable functions and departments.
- Capital Project Management. Effectively managed all capital projects, achieving operational, commercial and financial objectives.
- Engineering, Asset Integrity, and Project Management. Improve conformance to established processes and standards, while maintaining existing levels of scalability.
- Operational Readiness. Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Commissioning and Start-Up processes and activities.
- Embedment of OMS. Ensure the continual improvement of OMS Sponsored Sub-Elements and Protection Programs.
- Industry Technical Leadership. Ensure company executives are aware of emerging technologies and trends. Provided best advice at all times and proposed case for change, where applicable.
- Integration and coordination. Worked collaboratively with other functional leaders to ensure effective integration of Engineering, Projects, and Asset Integrity with other Commercial. Business Development and Service Support functions.
- Managed Workforce. Annually proposed and implement workforce development activities and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and personal attributes:
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a minimum of 20 years of experience in the Energy industry; at least 10 years of which has been in a leadership capacity
- Superb leadership, mentoring, and team/employee development abilities
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or Business would be an asset, although not a requirement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management capabilities from the conceptual through execution and turn over phases of small and large-scale construction projects
- Advanced strategic planning and organizational skills
- Strong operational management skills
- Familiarity with engineering and construction standards
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels both within the organization and externally
- Must be a member in good standing with APEGA, APEGS and/or APEGM
- Ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- Able to travel to various field locations in the US and Canada as required