Operations Shift Leader
Our Client is a leading Midstream Energy Company.
Reporting to the Facility Team Leader, the Operations Shift Leader will be an integral member of the Operations Management team. The Operations Shift Leader will act as a steward of the process safety management program and principles and be responsible for leading and supporting the safe, reliable, and environmentally compliant operation of the facility on a daily basis.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Providing strong leadership, coaching and mentoring for personnel;
- Participating in change management communication and contributing to change management initiatives;
- Demonstrating competency in the execution and evaluation of all operational tasks performed on shift;
- Performing Shift Power Engineering responsibilities;
- Supporting O&M budgets for area of responsibility;
- Managing the hiring, orientation, performance and career development needs of employees;
- Maintaining the operation of the facility within regulatory parameters;
- Prioritizing maintenance activities and executing any necessary corrective actions;
- Communicating planned and unplanned outages as required;
- Ensuring that responsibility meets safety (i.e. employee, contractor, vehicle, and process safety), and environmental requirements and regulations;
- Supporting facility turnarounds by ensuring work is identified and integrated into the overall project schedule, scope and budget;
- Ensuring activities are performed without safety or environmental incidents; and providing resources throughout the project as required;
- Promoting customer satisfaction by ensuring that customers are informed and satisfied;
- Supporting and collaborating with the Sarnia Management Team in Planning and Engineering meetings; and
- Ensuring key decisions and key messages are cascaded to the workforce as agreed to by the management teams.
- Five to ten years’ experience as a supervisor, leading and engaging team members;
- Five to ten years’ experience in industrial oil and gas operations and maintenance;
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to operate plant specific machinery;
- Proven ability to learn and lead teams during period of change; and
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered however it is imperative that the successful candidate be very strong from a technical aspect.
- Self-directed and capable of working with minimum supervision;
- 3rd Class Power Engineering Technical Diploma, Trades certification or equivalent experience would be considered an asset;
- Motivated with a willingness to advance to greater challenges;
- Demonstrated team player;
- Strong commitment to safety;
- Understanding of the LPG business
- Understanding of customer issues and focus; and
- Self-motivated and energetic with effective written and verbal communication skills.
This role provides the opportunity to lead a team of operators working at a 24 hour per day plant operation. The successful candidate must be able to work a regular 12-hour rotation and maintain permanent residency within 100 KM of the plant.