Vice President, Human Resources
Our Client is a leading Energy Company.
Our client is seeking an experienced business and human resources executive to join their organization as Vice President, Human Resources.
The company has emerged from a period of high growth fueled by both acquisition as well as organic expansion. The company is now building on their entrepreneurial success to-date and transitioning into the next phase as an organization and embarking on a strategy of optimization of assets, systems and business processes across the enterprise, while continuing to seek out strategic acquisition opportunities. The Vice President of Human Resources will have the opportunity to proactively contribute to and influence the local and global Human Resources strategy and framework within the context of the overall business.
The Vice President, Human Resources will be primarily responsible for the development, implementation and management of broad-based Human Resources strategies, services and programs in support of business objectives. As a key member of the executive team for the organization, the Vice President of Human Resources will also concurrently contribute at a strategic business level to ensure that the HR strategy is proactively aligned with the future growth plans for the organization.
We are seeking a ‘contemporary’ HR practitioner with strong, acquired knowledge of HR ‘best practices’ and experience in all facets of HR management including employee/labour relations, organizational and leadership development, talent management, performance management, compensation and benefits, HRIS/payroll and related policy and program development.
It is essential that this individual apply a focused, business perspective in the execution of this mandate and has the ability and willingness to operate within a broad scope at both a ‘hands-on’ and strategic level. The Vice President of Human Resources must possess the critical thinking skills, demonstrated business acumen and ingenuity to continually identify better approaches and solutions to the challenges and issues which arise in a very dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- A minimum of 15 years of broad HR and business experience with demonstrated experience at the executive level.
- Relevant post-secondary education supplemented by related HR professional development; solid knowledge of contemporary HR best practices.
- Experience in the Energy sector preferred although not a requirement.
- Previous exposure to dynamic, multi-jurisdictional operating environments and unionized workforces.
- Strong, ‘hands-on’ operational sensibility along with a track record of collaborative execution excellence at a strategic level.
- Solid business acumen, communication and critical thinking abilities.
- Superior leadership, relationship management, coaching and influencing skills.
- Senior level experience in change management initiatives is desired.