Our client is a Western Canadian based, growth-oriented oil and gas company, engaged in the exploration for and acquisition, development and production of high quality oil and natural gas reserves in the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
The organisation continues to develop its core assets and conduct exploration programs utilizing its large inventory of geological prospects. Currently the Company is focusing on developing its two core resource plays, the Cardium and Notikewin/Fahler intervals in Western Canada, posting a 100% drilling success rate
Reporting directly to the COO, the Manager of Facilities will have full responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the Facility Project Engineering activities including project execution, staffing and training.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Overall management of the Facility Project Engineering team.
- Working with and managing EPCM’s to meet budgets and timelines on projects
- Tracking reporting and management of capital budgets and Engineering Asset teams.
- Full accountability for execution, cost control, EPCM management, etc.
- Provide cost estimates and scoping facility requirements for all new development concepts.
- Effectively manage scope and project changes with the objective of maximizing the optimization of facility operations and processes.
The preferred candidate profile would include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Engineering with a minimum of 20 years of related engineering experience.
- Strong, well-rounded understanding of facilities and related infrastructure including experience in compression and process engineering and oil and gas field operations.
- Demonstrated background in system optimization and cost efficiencies as related to operational and project economics and execution.
- Strong analytical skills along with solid business acumen.
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements in Alberta.
- Ability to prioritize and balance a large number of concurrent projects and deal with scope and project changes effectively.
- Positive, high energy individual with demonstrated management experience in leading, managing and developing professional, technical and operational staff.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate well at all levels of the organization and in the external business arena.