Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Our client is a regional market leader for crude oil refining and marketing.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director, FP&A provides critical corporate performance support to the Chief Financial Officer and other members of the Executive team. Both through a team of 50 individuals and hands-on interaction, this key leadership role will lead the development and execution of all FP&A activities for the enterprise. This role calls for an experienced, strategic leader who possesses a deep understanding of industry financial metrics and operational statistics and the interplay of those elements in the creation of robust, operationally-focused forecasts and analyses. We are seeking an individual who has a reputation for being an outstanding performer, a proactive team player with a proven track record of building and leading a FP&A centre of excellence for their organization.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee activities of all FP&A teams and ensure business requirements are being met
- Partner with executive management to identify, implement and continually improve corporate performance measures
- Maintain corporate financial and business planning models and continually evaluate same in light of business strategy as well as the external/internal environment
- Partner with both business and infrastructure stakeholders to drive efficiencies and overall performance through business analytics, budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting, and strategic stewardship
- Lead the development of longer term forecasts and alignment of operating plans with capital structure planning and longer term strategic objectives
- Manage the development and/or deployment of Finance performance management systems and reporting tools
- Lead the FP&A organization and continue to build capacity and capability through ongoing people development and succession strategies
- Maintain and communicate professional expertise and awareness of emerging trends and issues, while demonstrating leadership and contributing to the profession.
The desired candidate profile will include the following skills, experience, credentials and personal attributes:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting with related designations (CFA, MBA, CA/CPA)
- A minimum of 15 years of experience acquired through demonstrated progression through relevant roles of increasing scope and responsibility, ideally in the Energy Marketing/Refining industry
- Thorough understanding of accounting, financial planning and forecasting principles and fundamentals along with outstanding analytical skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills; proven ability to effectively manage in a matrix organization with the ability to influence, up, down, and across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability through work teams and work effectively in a team environment.
- Significant problem solving, decision making, multi-tasking abilities along with demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities and meeting many deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging work environment is required.